2020 Season Update
We trust you are all keeping well in your bubbles and are looking forward to moving to Alert Level 2.
Whilst there has been a lot of information put out there around sport – in particular that we can get back to playing it at level 2, there is also a lack of information on how, when and what that will look like.
We ask that you continue to be patient as we work through with NZ Football and the Federations as to what we are required to do to provide a safe and happy environment for you and your children to enjoy while playing football.
What we can tell you is this –
- There will be football – we just can’t give you the date yet, sorry.
- Absolutely no training before the 16th May – however even after the 16th May training is subject to NZ Football and NFF guidelines (that we are still waiting on). As soon as we have them, we will let you know what we have to do as a Club. So for now – NO Training until Club issues communication advising otherwise.
- There will be a meeting for all coaches and managers to attend to receive information and resources to comply with the guidelines and implement coaching sessions. This will be run over several nights to accommodate our limitation of group sizes. This meeting is compulsory to enable your team to train and participate in the competition for the season.
- There will be minimum standards around hygiene and sanitisation of players and equipment
- There will be mandatory procedures around contact tracing and record keeping.
Please be rest assured that the Club has been planning in the background and believe we will be able to move fairly quickly once the criteria and documentation is released by NZ Football and NFF to enable us to return to play. We are just as keen as you are to get back out there, however we need to make sure we provide a safe and enjoyable environment for our members, so we need to make sure we get it right. As well as obviously abide by whatever regulations our governing body stipulates.
Once we know what the requirements are, we will be in communication again, including more information around fees and payment terms for the season. You can also visit our website to keep up to date with information and announcements https://hbcafc.org.nz
For further information please go to the following pages
For now, continue to stay safe, enjoy the last days in level 3 before the move to level 2 and the new normal begins. Please remember when you are shopping – shop local and show support to HBCAFC Sponsors as they have shown us (your Club) support over the years! https://hbcafc.org.nz/our-sponsors
Take care Coast Family
Yours In Football
Hibiscus Coast AFC