Job Vacancy - U19's Head Coach
Hibiscus Coast AFC invite applications for the role of Head Coach for the Men’s U19 and Women’s U19 Napier Tournament Teams for 2020. Successful applicants will be exposed to HBCAFC playing and coaching philosophies as they work with other like-minded coaches and staff in a positive environment to inspire players to learn, develop and express themselves on the field.
Yes that’s right we are recruiting two head coaches
- Men’s U19 Head Coach – satellite division
- Women’s U19 Head Coach – women’s division
Successful applicants will demonstrate and excel in the following fields:
- Possesses excellent technical and tactical knowledge and skills
- Delivery, execution and planning of high-quality coaching sessions.
- Leadership – leading positively by example (role model to players).
- Communication – effectively communicate to all parties associated to the programme.
- Building effective working relationships – work successfully with others and show an ability to build and continue effective relationships with others
- Management – be seen as an effective leader of players and people with a proven track record to show.
- Experience - a proven track record as a successful coach of youth and/or senior teams in the role applied for.
- Passion for football with a desire to build a successful squad, that sees HBCAFC compete successfully and consistently at the highest level
- Ability to develop youth and experienced players into a cohesive environment fostering the talent of HBCAFC.
The Head Coach will be responsible for:
- Planning, implementation, management and success of the U19 team reporting directly to the General Manager of the Club.
- Determining the playing model to be used.
- Identifying and recruitment of players.
- Eligible to work in New Zealand
- Undergo a Police Check
- Current First Aid certificate
- Oversee and manage the recruitment, management, coaching, selection and performances of the U19 team squad.
- Utilise footage and data to accurately create and coach session plans for the team.
- Manage the staff that are allocated to the team squads in a professional and inclusive manner.
- Be professional and a role model leader towards all stakeholders within HBCAFC and the wider community.
- Experience in coaching teams within the New Zealand, especially Auckland, landscape is preferable
- Proven ability and record in coaching successful, well-organised football teams with strong team culture
Note this position is unpaid, however all reasonable costs incurred will be reimbursed following approval from the Club’s General Manager.
So, if this sounds like you please submit your application to HBCAFC General Manager via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Should you have any questions in regards to the role, or the club, please do not hesitate to make contact in the strictest confidence via email or phone (021534703) as well.
Closing Date: Applications close 5pm on Thursday 20th August 2020.
Interview Dates: TBC following Government announcements on Alert Levels
Appointment: TBC following Government announcements on Alert Levels